Summer 2016 Parking and Road Closures Update
Posted: June 8, 2016 at 10:34 am, Last Updated: June 8, 2016 at 12:44 pm
On Thursday, June 9, George Mason Boulevard and a portion of Patriot Circle will close to begin another phase of the Academic VII roadway project. Until approximately Monday, August 22, the following closures/adjustments will be in effect:
* George Mason Boulevard between University Drive and Patriot Circle will be closed as the road is widened. Those approaching campus from the City of Fairfax on George Mason Boulevard will need to turn left towards the Rappahannock River Deck to enter campus.
* Access to Merten Hall 30-minute parking lot may be limited at times.
* Patriot Circle between Occoquan River Lane and Merten Hall will also be closed, as well as the Finley Meter parking area between Thompson Hall and George Mason Boulevard. (Note: The Finley Meter parking area closed effective Tuesday, May 31).
- Disabled parking has relocated to Level 1 of the permit area of Rappahannock River Parking Deck where golf cart service for those with mobility impairments is available 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday-Friday
- The closure of the Finley Meter parking area will last until approximately August 22. Visitor parking is available in the Rappahannock River and Mason Pond Decks.
* Occoquan River Lane will re-open for all vehicle access to Aquia Creek Lane and points West via Patriot Circle (effective Wednesday, June 8).
To see a map of these closures click here.
The Mason Shuttles stop at Chesapeake River Lane/Patriot Circle, across from Merten Hall, has relocated to the cut out along Patriot Circle by Hampton Roads residence hall. The relocated shuttle stop is across the street from the Rappahannock River Parking Deck.
Periodic updates will be sent to the campus community throughout the summer and information will be regularly posted on building.gmu.edu.
Write to University Information at email@example.com