Road/Parking Construction Impacts Summer 2017, Phase II: July 24-August 23
Posted: July 21, 2017 at 2:56 pm, Last Updated: August 2, 2017 at 11:33 am
Update as of 7/28/17: Additional details/impacts have been added in orange under the section of Parking Lot Closures.
In addition to the projects that began earlier in July (Phase I Announcement), over the next month, there are a few construction and maintenance projects happening around the Fairfax Campus that will have varying degrees of parking and traffic impacts.
Expect delays on Patriot Circle between George Mason Blvd. and Finley Lot and on George Mason Blvd. when entering campus from University Dr. as paving and striping work is being completed.
View a map of the Fairfax Campus impacts: Paving Map August 2017.
Parking Lot Closures for re-paving and re-striping:
- Monday, July 24 -Wednesday, August 2: Lot A East will be closed for concrete repairs and for half of the lot’s asphalt to be sealed and re-striped. This includes the entire east side of Lot A between Mattaponi River Ln.(in the middle of the lot) and Nottoway River Ln. (by Lot C), as shown here: http://parking.gmu.edu/PDF2017/LotclosuresK-A_July-Aug2017.jpg.
Use other General permit parking areas to include Lots C, L and K. Portions of Lot A West (between Mattaponi River Ln. and Po River Ln./Lot L) will remain closed as indicated by orange barricades and signage through July 28.
- Wednesday, July 26-Wednesday, August 23: Preventative maintenance repairs are being made in the western portion of the Rappahannock River Parking Deck. Various aisles will be closed to traffic and parking on each level as repairs are conducted. The Level 2 exit onto University Drive will be closed at times.
- Thursday, August 3 – Friday, August 4: Lot A West, between Mattaponi River Ln. (in the middle of the lot) and Po River Rd. (by Lot L) will be closed.
- Thursday, August 3 – Saturday, August 5: On the SciTech Campus, Occoquan Lot and Edwin King Ln. will be closed for milling and paving. George Mason Circle between the King Lot and Edwin King Ln. will also be milled and paved.
- Thursday, August 3 – Saturday, August 12: Fairfax Water will be milling, paving, and striping Roanoke River Rd. between Braddock Rd. and Patriot Circle. Lane closures and detours will be in place. Expect delays and avoid this area if possible.
- Saturday, August 5 – Thursday, August 10: Lot K, with the exception of two small sections, will be closed for re-paving and re-striping as marked here on this map: http://parking.gmu.edu/PDF2017/LotclosuresK-A_July-Aug2017.jpg.
General permit parking is available in Lots A, C, L, the PV Lot and the first two levels of the Rappahannock River Parking Deck, excluding the paid visitor area.
- Wednesday, August 9 – Friday, August 11: Portions of Sandy Creek Way and York River Rd. near the Shenandoah Parking Deck will have asphalt milled, paved, and remarked.
- Patriot Circle between the traffic circle at Mason Pond Dr. and Campus Dr. will be milled and paved.
- The RAC shuttle stop for the Fairfax-SciTech and Gunston Go Bus routes will be closed.
- The exit from parking in front of the RAC will be closed.
- Entrances and exits in Shenandoah Parking Deck will have intermittent closures.
- Milling will occur during the day on August 9 and paving work will occur in the evenings after 8 p.m.
Sidewalk Repairs – Fairfax Campus
Monday, July 17 through Friday, August 18, from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m., Finely Asphalt will be on the Fairfax Campus to repair broken/deteriorated sidewalks, curbs, and gutters. A crew will travel through housing areas and the center of campus to perform these repairs. All safety precautions, including traffic and pedestrian assistance, will be in place.
All schedules may change and are weather dependent.
For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org. The University appreciates your patience and cooperation as projects continue and repairs are made.
Write to University Information at email@example.com