Parking and Traffic Impacts: Oct. 10–11 and November 1–2 and 9
Posted: October 9, 2017 at 12:04 pm, Last Updated: September 26, 2018 at 9:33 am
There are several events the week of October 9 and in early November that will have parking and traffic impacts to the Fairfax Campus.
- Monday, October 9, at 11 p.m. through Tuesday, October 10, at 1 p.m., Lot L will be closed to accommodate an event at EagleBank Arena. A limited number of General area parking spaces will be available on the roof of the Rappahannock River Parking Deck Tuesday morning. East campus General lots, including Lot K, are expected to fill Tuesday by 11 a.m. If arriving to campus after 11 a.m., head directly to the Rappahannock River Deck roof for General permit parking. Carpooling, using the shuttles, and ride sharing (zimride.com/mason) are encouraged.
Weeknight concerts will take place at EagleBank Arena on October 11, November 1, November 2, and November 9.
For each of these, it is highly recommended to allow extra time commuting to and from campus and avoid the southern end of campus off Braddock Road near the Arena. Expect event traffic up to two hours before doors open. With the increase in traffic, also expect delays on Mason Shuttles routes and allow extra time.
Shenandoah Parking Deck – Levels 4/5 will be open as overflow event and General parking starting at 5 p.m. on each of these evenings. Parking in Rappahannock River Deck is strongly suggested to avoid the concert parking and traffic impacts.
- Wednesday, October 11, Ricardo Arjona concert begins at 8 p.m., with doors opening at 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 1, A Perfect Circle concert begins at 8 p.m., with doors opening at 7 p.m.
- Thursday, November 2, Fall Out Boy concert begins at 7 p.m., with doors opening at 6 p.m. With an expected attendance of 6,000, traffic will be much heavier than the other concerts. Scheduled to end at 10 p.m., expect heavier exiting traffic as classes also end at 10 p.m.
- Thursday, November 9, Marc Anthony concert begins at 8 p.m., with doors opening at 7 p.m.
Write to University Information at firstname.lastname@example.org
TodayAtMason on Twitter
Stay updated on campus construction, traffic information, and more! Follow the official Twitter feed for TodayAtMason.