December Parking and Traffic Advisory: Campus Drive
Posted: December 4, 2017 at 2:16 pm
Campus Drive – Fairfax Campus
The university is expecting heavy traffic during men’s basketball games on Wednesday, Dec. 6 and Tuesday, Dec. 12, at EagleBank Arena, and is taking steps to ensure adequate traffic flow on the Fairfax Campus during peak times.
That includes opening Campus Drive from 4-11 p.m. on these game days. As a note, Campus Drive will remain closed afterward — except access to the West Campus Parking Lot, and Rapidan River Road via Braddock Road — until mid-January to accommodate an ongoing Fairfax Water construction project. https://building.gmu.edu/traffic-advisory-temporary-closure-of-campus-drive-for-fairfax-water-project/.
On Friday, Dec. 8, expect lane closures on Patriot Circle at the Campus Drive intersection as part of that project. Also, beginning Monday, Dec. 4 through Friday, Dec. 8, expect occasional lane closures near Peterson Hall on Aquia Creek Lane and Patriot Circle as deliveries are made.
As a reminder, on basketball game days drivers are advised to:
- Allow extra time commuting to and from campus
- Avoid the southern end of campus off Braddock Road near EagleBank Arena
- Expect event traffic up to two hours before the doors open at 6 p.m.
- Expect traffic delays on Mason Shuttle routes
- Consider parking in Rappahannock River Parking Deck to avoid the event parking and traffic impacts
To accommodate additional traffic flow on campus, Shenandoah Parking Deck levels 4 and 5 will be open as overflow, event, and general permit parking starting at 5 p.m. on Dec. 6 and 12.
Write to University Information at email@example.com