Summer 2016 Parking and Road Closures
Posted: May 13, 2016 at 4:00 pm, Last Updated: May 27, 2016 at 3:53 pm
Update as of Friday, May 27: This roadway change will take effect during the week of May 31 instead of Monday, May 23 as previously communicated.
During the week of May 31 (weather permitting), another phase of road work as part of the Academic VII project begins. Until approximately Monday, August 22, the following closures/adjustments will be in effect:
* George Mason Boulevard between University Drive and Patriot Circle will be closed as the road is widened. Those approaching campus from the City of Fairfax on George Mason Boulevard will need to turn left towards the Rappahannock River Deck to enter campus.
* Patriot Circle between Occoquan River Lane and Merten Hall will also be closed, as well as the Finley Meter parking area between Thompson Hall and George Mason Boulevard. (Please note: The Finley lot will be closed effective Tuesday, May 31).
- Disabled parking will be relocated to Level 1 of the permit area of Rappahannock River Parking Deck where golf cart service for those with mobility impairments will be available 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday-Friday – Effective Tuesday, May 31.
- The closure of the Finley Meter parking area will last until approximately August 22. Visitor parking is available in the Rappahannock River and Mason Pond Decks.
* Access to Merten Hall 30-minute parking lot may be limited at times.
Beginning Monday, May 16, the Mason Shuttles stop at Chesapeake River Lane/Patriot Circle, across from Merten Hall, will be relocated to the cut out along Patriot Circle by Hampton Roads residence hall. The relocated shuttle stop is across the street from the Rappahannock River Parking Deck.
To see a map of these closures click here.
Periodic updates will be sent to the campus community throughout the summer and information will be regularly posted on building.gmu.edu.
Write to University Information at firstname.lastname@example.org